Summer Computing Camp for High School Girls
JUNE 11-15, 2018 • 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
The camp provides an opportunity for high school girls to experience computer science and engineering by engaging in activities and projects with Ohio State Marion engineering faculty.
The program features:
- Design, assemble, and perform test flights of a drone!
- Experience computer programming and learn the fundamental concepts of the C/C++ language
- Learn the basics of the Linux Operating System that college level students learn
- Gain hands-on experience with modeling and 3D printing
- Experience computer-aided design using SolidWorks
- Practice data analysis with Microsoft Excel
- Build projects that demonstrate the fundamental principles of electrical circuits and systems
- Experience team projects to create solutions to design challenges and discover the potential of your creativity!
- Experience team building and problem solving
Join us at the Summer Computing Camp and have great experiences in computer science, technology, and engineering with fun and excitement while collaborating with peers and OSU faculty!
Attendees will receive a $250.00 scholarship to attend Ohio State Marion. Winners of the engineering project contest will receive an additional $500 scholarship to attend The Ohio State University at Marion.
When: June 11th – June 15th, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Ohio State Marion’s Science and Engineering Building
Cost: $100 registration fee includes lunches, snacks, drone project, 3D printing, software and all the other lab cost.
Applicant must be a female student currently enrolled as an upcoming sophomore, junior, or senior in any high school, and interested in computing!
To apply, visit the online registration go.osu.edu/womenengineering. Complete all steps outlined to submit your application. Applications are due by 5 p.m., April 30th, 2018. Spaces are limited so register today!